Former TV news anchor Mark Grimm is a professional speaker, speaking and media skills coach, author, former radio host,
award-winning corporate trainer and elected official.
View his powerful reviews from scores of presentations, along with video of Mark speaking and his speaking report card.
Mark conducted one-on-one interviews with Presidents Bush and Clinton and was an adjunct media professor for 11 years. He has a master’s in Communications from Syracuse University and a bachelor’s in English (magna cum laude) from Siena College.
His book, Everyone Can Be A Dynamic Speaker: Yes, I Mean You! is his own personal story from nervous presenter to paid speaker.
TV News Anchor/Reporter
Click photo to view Grimm - Bush 41 interviewMark spent 12 years as a TV news anchor/reporter and producer, working in six markets. Mark
- conducted one-on-one interviews with Presidents Bush and Clinton
- appeared on CBS News and the Phil Donahue Show
- saw news ratings double as anchor at Denver's NBC-owned station
Mark was elected to the Albany County Legislature in November 2015 with 65% of the vote.
He represents the Carman Road-Western Avenue area of Guilderland. He also served on the Guilderland Town Board from 2008-2011. In just one term, he produced two dozen accomplishments.
Mark has managed seven political campaigns, including a Rensselaer County Legislature race where a first-time candidate upset an eight-year incumbent.
Mark's book, Everyone Can Be A Dynamic Speaker: Yes, I Mean You!, is both practical and inspirational.
Mark was an adjunct professor for 11 years, teaching the College of St. Rose or Siena College. His courses included Mass Media, Media Ethics, and Broadcast Journalism. In a St. Rose department review, Mark’s teaching was evaluated in five categories – content mastery, breadth & depth, delivery, teacher-student rapport, and overall rating. Out of a maximum score of 35, Mark received a 35.
Mark was the volunteer executive producer/host of the Siena Alumni Connection radio program from 2004-2018 on WVCR-FM 88.3.
Volunteer Civic Leader
- Past President - Stevens Farm Homeowners Association on West Lydius St.
- Past Chair of the First Friday Business Breakfast Series for the Guilderland Chamber
- Volunteer Master of Ceremonies for the very first Stakeholders' GOBY awards
- Founding committee member for Operation Welcome Home --- established during the 1991 Persian Gulf War to help provide a successful homecoming experience for returning vets.
Government ExecutiveAs Director of Communications Services in the NY State Assembly, Mark
- Managed 22 employees in four units
- Coordinated statewide public forums
- Did media training for Assembly legislators and future legislators
- Was driving force behind an office-wide database that tracked key results such as actual savings from regulatory reform
- Created a "What's Driving You Nuts" form, a popular feedback tool resonating with frustrated businesses owners statewide.
Mark is a top Albany on-camera performer and voiceover artist with more than 30 years of experience in the field. Reliable, easy to work with, with flexible hours, Mark has had a large number of national and local clients.
- M.S., Public Communications, Syracuse University's Newhouse School
- B.A., English magna cum laude, Siena College
(named the Conlin Scholar, Siena's top honor for English majors)
- Hudson-Mohawk chapter of the Association for Talent Development
- St. Madeleine Sophie's Parish
Mark's family --- his wife, Karen, and their beautiful daughter --- is the center of his life.
Mark has eight brothers and sisters.