Former TV news anchor Mark Grimm is a professional speaker, speaking and media skills coach, author, former radio host,
award-winning corporate trainer and elected official.
View his powerful reviews from scores of presentations, along with video of Mark speaking and his speaking report card.
Mark conducted one-on-one interviews with Presidents Bush and Clinton and was an adjunct media professor for 11 years. He has a master’s in Communications from Syracuse University and a bachelor’s in English (magna cum laude) from Siena College.
His book, Everyone Can Be A Dynamic Speaker: Yes, I Mean You! is his own personal story from nervous presenter to paid speaker.
TV News AnchorMark spent 12 years as a TV news anchor/reporter and producer, working in six markets. Mark
- conducted one-on-one interviews with Presidents Bush and Clinton
- appeared on CBS News and the Phil Donahue Show
- saw news ratings double as anchor at Denver's NBC-owned station
Mark's book, Everyone Can Be A Dynamic Speaker: Yes, I Mean You!, is both practical and inspirational.
Mark was elected to the Albany County Legislature in November 2015 with 65% of the vote.
He represents the Carman Road-Western Avenue area of Guilderland. He also served on the Guilderland Town Board from 2008-2011.
In just one term, he produced two dozen accomplishments.
Mark has managed seven political campaigns, including a Rensselaer County Legislature race where a first-time candidate upset an eight-year incumbent.
Mark was an adjunct professor for 11 years, teaching the College of St. Rose or Siena College. His courses included Mass Media, Media Ethics, and Broadcast Journalism. In a St. Rose department review, Mark’s teaching was evaluated in five categories – content mastery, breadth & depth, delivery, teacher-student rapport, and overall rating. Out of a maximum score of 35, Mark received a 35.
Mark was the volunteer executive producer/host of the Siena Alumni Connection radio program from 2004-2018 on WVCR-FM 88.3.
Volunteer Civic Leader
- Past President - Stevens Farm Homeowners Association on West Lydius St.
- Past Chair of the First Friday Business Breakfast Series for the Guilderland Chamber
- Volunteer Master of Ceremonies for the very first Stakeholders' GOBY awards
- Founding committee member for Operation Welcome Home --- established during the 1991 Persian Gulf War to help provide a successful homecoming experience for returning vets.
Government ExecutiveAs Director of Communications Services in the NY State Assembly, Mark
- Managed 22 employees in four units
- Coordinated statewide public forums
- Did media training for Assembly legislators and future legislators
- Was driving force behind an office-wide database that tracked key results such as actual savings from regulatory reform
- Created a "What's Driving You Nuts" form, a popular feedback tool resonating with frustrated businesses owners statewide.
Mark is a top Albany on-camera performer and voiceover artist with more than 30 years of experience in the field. Reliable, easy to work with, with flexible hours, Mark has had a large number of national and local clients.
- M.S., Public Communications, Syracuse University's Newhouse School
- B.A., English magna cum laude, Siena College
(named the Conlin Scholar, Siena's top honor for English majors)
- Hudson-Mohawk chapter of the Association for Talent Development
- St. Madeleine Sophie's Parish
Mark's family --- his wife, Karen, and their beautiful daughter --- is the center of his life.
Mark has eight brothers and sisters.