• Media Training for Law Enforcement
Most of the friction between law enforcement and the news media can be avoided with the right training.
Good media relations involve understanding each other’s roles, mutual respect and cooperation, honest communication,
good preparation and relationship building.
Mark Grimm spent 12 years as a TV news anchor/reporter and did thousands of police stories involving agencies all over the U.S. This experience, along with his extraordianry training skills, enables him to conduct a thought-provoking and entertaining seminar that will leave attendees with a stronger approach to police-media relations.
• How can your agency avoid getting slammed by the media?
• Why is silence never golden and “no comment” guaranteed to cause problems?
• What recourse do you have when you have a problem with a reporter or story?
• How can you promote positive stories about your agency?
• How do you write effective news releases?
• How do you become better at on-camera interviews?
Learn how to turn anxiety and mistakes into opportunity and positive coverage!